Yuma Catholic High School attracts students from various economic levels, academic abilities, racial communities and ethnic backgrounds, reflecting the diversity of the community we serve. It is the intent of Yuma Catholic High School to educate a broad range of students and to create a community among them. Thus, Yuma Catholic not only strives to facilitate personal success, but also to prepare students to be of service to society during and after their education.
Yuma Catholic High School is a religious high school and spiritual development is regarded as a primary educational goal. All students Catholic and non-Catholic alike take classes in theology and are expected to attend and respect school worship services.
Students admitted to Yuma Catholic High School range from the average ability to advanced placement and exceptional ability levels. However, Yuma Catholic has limited resources to serve students who require a more specialized learning environment.
For incoming ninth grade students:
- Prospective students are required to submit an application and take an entrance exam to determine their potential placement at Yuma Catholic High School. Applications will include 7th grade and current 8th grade grades, testing from current school and recommendation from math and English teachers. There is a non-refundable fee of $25.00 for this exam payable prior to testing.
- Prospective students and their parents will be interviewed by a member of the Admissions Committee to determine whether the family understands the conditions and expectations of being a student at Yuma Catholic High School.
- Prospective students who score below the 30th percentile composite, or below the 15th percentile in math, reading or language skills, or whose recommendations are questionable, will be evaluated by a review committee consisting of administrators, counselor/and or faculty. The committee may request additional recommendations. In this case they will consider the following:
A. Unconditional Acceptance
B. Conditional Acceptance
C. Deny Admission
For Students wishing to enter in tenth, eleventh or twelfth grades:
- Students are accepted at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. Only in the event of special circumstances will a student be enrolled after the start of the semester.
- Prospective students wishing to enter tenth, eleventh or twelfth grades must complete an application that will include:
A. A transcript of their current high school record
B. Recommendations from their current math and English teachers and from their counselor (if possible).
C. Demonstrated competence in written and spoken English for foreign-born students
D. A personal interview with a member of the Admissions Committee
E. Twelfth grade transfer will be considered only if the student is transferring with the proper accumulation of credits to meet the graduation requirements at Yuma Catholic High School
- Each student who attends Yuma Catholic High School is required to have a laptop for his/her class work. The laptops are obtained through YCHS only.
- We have tuition assistance available for qualified applicants and there are a variety of state and local tax credit tuition assistance programs available for all families. For more details, please visit our Tuition Assistance page or Tax Credit Information page.
Please call the Admissions Director at (928) 317-7902 or email at email@example.com for further information.